Tuesday 23 July 2013

New Urban Decay

You ever have one of those days when you just feel so frustrated? I've seriously been lacking motivation lately (down to the hot weather I think), then when I get a day to get on with work, there's constant distractions from family members and the door/phone, gah! Now I have a migraine, my hair and skin are getting me down and I just want to hide in a hole and blog about pretty things! Starting with these Urban Decay goodies. Oh how I wish this was my desk (sadly the photos belong to Debenhams FB page). UD haven't been getting a lot of my love recently, but the newly refurbished beauty department in my nearest Debenhams now comes complete with an Urban Decay counter.
I say 'counter' but it's actually more like a beautiful boudoir. Erm please can I have the little dressing tables and perspex chairs and mirrors? Too pretty. Anyway it means it's easier for me to get my hands on the brand and they've got some awesome new products coming out. Starting with the B6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray, £21.
This is exclusive to Debenhams in the UK and just launched last week. It claims to calm a multitude of sins with it's vitamin rich spray. My skin has been horrid lately, like really hideous. I've been eating a lot better than I used to, so all those stories about fruit being good and chocolate making you spotty are myths! I've stopped using the gel the doctor prescribed for my acne because it was burning my face off and after 2 months I couldn't stand it any longer. It left my skin over-sensitised and also extremely dry and flaky, which most 'anti-spot' ranges aren't efficient at resolving. I'm still trying to find my feet with a skincare routine, because I've purchased a lot of new products recently to try and calm and revive my skin, so it's a case of slowly introducing each one and hoping I don't react badly. Anyway, B6 is contained in the UD spray which absorbs oil, reducing pores and redness and sounds like it could be a saviour for troublesome skin. It can be spritzed on at any time of the day over or under makeup and apparently the more you use it, the better the results. Anything that sprays is a winner in my book with this warm weather! I'm sure you could keep it in the fridge for an extra cool zing too (just make sure nobody drinks it by accident).
Next is the introduction of the Revolution lipstick £15. I snapped this page from the Debenhams beauty mag my Mum gets in the mail (above and below) and these are set to launch next month. Available in 20 shades (each and every one looking as gorgeous as the last), the colours are intensely rich and range from brights to nudes. No prizes for guessing the (nudes) I want.
They contain a patented Pigment Infusion System which gives the lipsticks their creamy texture, bold pigment and long lasting colour, hydrating the lips making them look more plump. They sound like winners to me and Musings Of A Muse has swatched them all, if you'd like to suss out your favourites before they launch. Fiend, Liar, Rush, Strip, Naked, Naked 2, Native and Obsessed will just be some I'm checking out. Don't think I've ever wanted so many shades from one release before! Strip is actually exclusive to the Urban Decay site along with Protest, so sadly I might not get my mitts on that one.
As Debenhams pointed out this week, there's yet more products set to launch in August (btw how did August only get a week away?), including the coordinating 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils for the lipsticks (shown below, left), Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder and the very limited edition Vice and Addiction nail colours (above and below). There's also the Anti-Ageing Eyeshadow Primer Potion, which claims to minimise the appearance of wrinkles in 8 weeks whilst providing 24 hour crease-free eyeshadow application and the Brow Box complete with powder colour, wax and tweezers.
Did I mention everything comes in adorable packaging too?  I think it's safe to say I'll be checking out my local Urban Decay next month for these goodies.  Anything here interest you?

Images Debenhams

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.