Monday 29 April 2013

Review: Braun Silk Epil 7 SkinSpa Epilation & Exfoliation System*

I've been busy working on a new video review this past week of the latest epilator from Braun (Silk Epil 7 SkinSpa Exfoliation & epilation System 7931). You will maybe recall I reviewed the Silk Epil 7 Dual Epilator back in 2011, well this device is basically similar (the Silk Epil 7), but without the Venus blades and with a really unique attachment of an exfoliating brush.
Now I would like to think my video review (below) this time is a lot better as I have my fancy camera and the sound has improved greatly. I was nearly tearing my hair out after spending an entire morning filming though, only to realise the continual focus was on and you could hear the whirring noise over my audio! So I had to delete all that and start again! As a side note, it's a strange system on the camera, because you either have to put up with the noise and have everything in wonderful clear, crisp focus no matter what moves where or lose the noise and deal with things going out of focus at times. Surely they could come up with a better solution? 

Anyway, I find video reviews of items like this a lot easier because it's quite a lot of reading in one blog post. That said, some things I didn't mention in the video are that the Silk Epil 7 can remove hair from as short as 0.5mm, that's like a grain of sand! So epilators have really advanced now, that there is no waiting for hair to be 'long enough' to epilate. Results can last up to 4 weeks, but you'll find the more regularly you use the system and longer you use it, the less often you'll need to epilate. Over time hair will grow in smoother, finer and the regrowth will be less and less. The system is a cordless device that can be used dry or in running (shower) water for extra comfort, which I think is great. It also features a high frequency massage system as it's epilating for extra comfort.
Yes it is uncomfortable (polite for "it hurts"), but over time as your skin adapts to the process that will go away. If you haven't epilated before or haven't for a while then you may experience redness, this is perfectly normal and will go away quickly. I think it's best to epilate at night and then you have no worries about the redness being gone by morning. I have to say I've never gotten into a regular routine with an epilator to be able to prove conclusive long term benefits and have only used Braun devices so have nothing to compare it to, but then everyone is different, your hair is different, your pain threshold is different, so it's all subjective really.
 
I think the addition of the exfoliation brush is a super idea. I really love it. The 10,000 bristles moving at 3000 micro-vibrations per minute make it four times more effective than applying a scrub by hand and offers similar results to professional exfoliation. It works brilliantly alongside the epilator to reduce the risk of ingrown hairs. You really are getting two beauty appliances in one.
Overall the whole device is simple to use with clear instructions. It's easy to clean and charge and with repeated use over time will hopefully provide visible and long-lasting results.  I hope you enjoy the video, thumbs up and all that!

5 comments :

  1. That looks really really good! I bought my first epilator a month ago but only spent £15 on a simple Philips one... I have to say, it doesnt get the shortest of hairs so will probably put a better one on my xmas/birthday list!... is this one very expensive? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure exactly how much is it, as I don't think it's come out yet, but yes it'll probably be around £120-£130. The Smartlight is brilliant for seeing the smallest hairs and as I use it in the shower I don't have my glasses on, but the light really helps.

      Delete
  2. Does it really remove the hair from the root even the shortest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Epilators or at least the braun ones have really advanced in recent times that you now don't have to wait for hair to grow, 0.5mm is the shortest it can grab. Obviously there are millions of hair follicles, so once that hair has been removed another will sprout up somewhere else, but over time, you should notice that there is less hair to remove and it should also grow in smoother than the old hair.

      Delete
  3. I've been busy working on a new video review this past week of the latest epilator from Braun (Silk Epil 7 SkinSpa Exfoliation & epilation ... bbraunsilkepil.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.