Tuesday 29 January 2013

Monster High Monday: Physical Deaducation Ghoulia

Hello and here's this weeks 'Monster High Monday' featuring gorgeous Ghoulia, all ready for 'Physical Deaducation' from the classroom line. The makeup was relatively simple this week as there was just one eye colour and no highlighter and I knew exactly how to get the lip colour by combining a couple of lipsticks.
Underneath her super cool glasses, she's wearing a dark smokey eye which is actually an olive shade. She has the usual winged look and liner. I get to have blue eyes again this week, which are nowhere near as disturbing as Clawdeen and her yellow eyes last time (not keen to revisit that anytime soon).
Her lips are super bright and I immediately knew I would need the power of the 'Nicki Minaj' lippie for this job! They are actually red, so I thought I could combine two colours for the perfect shade.
As usual there was no blush on this doll, so I used it sparingly on my own face as I look dead without it! I'm still trialling this foundation that I can't name (all will become clear next week) and used Illamasqua Rich Foundation in 115 to brighten under the eyes with ELF Studio HD loose powder in Translucent and MAC Beauty Powder Blush in True Romantic on the cheeks.
On the eyes was Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base with the darkest colour from the Pout 'Miss Scotland' duo, which is a relatively sheer but buildable olive green. Liner as usual is YSL Waterproof pencil and L'oreal Carbon Black SuperLiner with the un-named mascara that I'm testing.
The camera flash has made the eyeshadow appear much less green and much more sheer than it was in person.
Finally the lips, which are sometimes suffering from colour-bleeding in these images, simply because they are too bright for the computer screen to handle (!) are MAC Viva Glam Nicki as a 'base' (over Pout Lip Line Definer), with Chanel Rouge Allure in 08 Brilliant (the same one I used for Frankie a couple of weeks ago) which is a bright red but deepened the colour. The finished result was absolutely spot-on as it had the red tone, but the brightness of 'you're not quite sure if it's neon orange or pink'. I can't say I'd usually combine smokey colour on my eyes with such a hot lip, but I quite liked this weeks MHM.  You can see what I wore along with my face sans bright blue eyes on The Shoe Girl Diaries and I'll be back next week for more monster mayhem.

1 comment :

  1. Do I even have to say how much I adore your hair? I had pink hair for awhile and then just went back blonde. I have hair envy :)

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.