Thursday 8 March 2012

Haul: Lancome Foundation & Spring 'Roseraie des Delices'

You may recall my post about sampling the new Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation.  As I said back then, I was so impressed that I went home and ordered a full-size bottle online.  Boots were doing a GWP with 2 Lancome products and 1000 advantage points (which translates to £10) with a third purchase; naturally I ordered three items!  
It was actually a struggle to only pick three things and I still have my eye on a lipgloss which I'm hoping to purchase when I get my latest Debenhams Beauty Club Card reward!  I had been using the foundation religiously since I bought it, but have taken a break this week as my skin has been playing up and I'm not quite sure who or what the culprit is.  I'm going to write a full review at some stage but my only gripe is, the foundation does go a little darker than when it first comes out the pump.  It's not like other foundations that oxidise after an hour or so, it's within a minute and it's a pity because it's mega perfect for my skin before that!  It's still a pleasant change to be using a foundation much closer to my skin colour though.  So here it is, the lightest shade 005 Beige Ivoire.
I forgot to say I also managed to find a 10% off code when I placed this order, so that was yet another great deal, although I was spending a small fortune, so it wasn't exactly bargain-tastic but every little helps as Tesco say...no it's Asda isn't it?!  Here's the 'gift with purchase'; it was a BAFTA one, as they were official sponsors of the awards or something along those lines.  It came in a black chain mail purse (I remember having a pencil-case like this when I was 5, but it was pewter coloured) and includes a small Juicy Tubes, Hypnose mascara, BiFacil eye makeup remover, Genefique serum and Eau Micellaire Douceur cleansing water.  I've used all of these products before and they are all favourites of mine, so you can't go wrong with that.  I'm becoming a bit of a Lancome snob of late actually, if it ain't Lancome I'm not using it!
The other items I purchased were part of the Spring colour look, which was super lovely this year; all pastel pinks and greens.  I still haven't shown you the two blush/highlighter powders I bought towards the end of last year but I will soon (honest).  I feel really naughty buying them because I can never bring myself to use them because they're so pretty and they're not cheap! Anyway first up is the Le French Touch lipstick, a formula I haven't tried before.  It is priced higher than Color Fever and L'Absolu lippies and comes in a super compact, dinky case.  The shade is 316 and has been called both Soft Marshmallow or Cotton Candy depending on which packaging you get/where you live (but it's the same shade).
The case gets the thumbs up from me, I love the pastel stripes, very retro!  The colour of the lipstick is scary bright.  I don't think I suit bright pinks, but luckily this one isn't when swatched.  I had done my homework beforehand and knew this was very sheer so it was exactly what I was looking for.
See? Super sheer!  The formula apparently feels fabulous on the lips, although I haven't used it yet.  The sparkles on my hand are from the Soap & Glory Limited Edition Righteous Butter. 
Here's the size of the lipstick compared to a Color Fever (left) and a GWP CF (right).  The bullet inside is not tiny though, it's around the same size as other Lancome lippies as you can see.
Now for the gorgeous La Roseraie powder.  It's a pink rose with shimmer stripes.  Unfortunately Boots sent this order with very little care.  You'll recall I had my Soap & Glory goodies in here too, so the massive 1 litre body lotion was hitting against this delicate powder as there was no padding in the large box at all.  The pan therefore came away from the case and the powder was smudged, but Boots were very efficient and sent me out a replacement immediately, so I can't fault them for that.  I just couldn't accept a faulty one when I'm paying £34 for it.  Maybe I can persuade myself to use the bad one then, no?
All in all a very pretty haul...that rhymes!  I shall try and find my pictures of the other powders I purchased last year and get them up on the blog soon.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.