Friday 27 May 2011

Urban Decay Bride Kit at Debenhams

I'm getting all twitchy because there are so many posts I want to write and my little fingers won't type fast enough! I had a little birthday money to spend and it was that awkward amount-probably not enough for a decent pair of shoes, too much for a little thing like jewellery and if I didn't spend the exact amount I know I'd just put it into my bank account and never remember exactly what it went towards. So by some freaky coincidence, Debenhams had written on their Facebook page that day about the new Urban Decay Bride Kit (exclusive to them) which isn't instore until 30th May but available online now (although I can see it taking until the 30th or after to be delivered with this bank holiday weekend). It was exactly £25, the amount I had to spend, so it seemed like fate. Now I'm not a bride or bridesmaid, in fact I don't have any weddings coming up for the foreseeable future, but this little kit is filled with products for a flawless skin and fresh makeup look, it looked reasonably prices plus I thought it looked cute, so I didn't really care about who it was intended for. It would however make the perfect hen night gift for the bride or perhaps the bride would love to give this to her bridesmaids.
It comes in a lovely box and I know there are certain people who will want this for that alone! It contains: 'Razor Sharp Ultra-Definition Finishing Powder' to diffuse lines for a flawless airbrushed look. Sounds fabulous and haven't tried this before.

Urban Decay's best-selling original formula, 'Eyeshadow Primer Potion', this is full size, so £14.50 on it's own. I've been alternating between using this and Too Faced Shadow Insurance for months now, although I think I prefer UD PP. Shame I'm now wanting the new squeezy tube and this is the original (annoying) bottle though.

'Supercurl Curling Mascara', this is supposed to look fabulous even without using curlers.

'Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Midnight Cowboy' to give bare and lightly colored lips a sensual, come-hither shine or electrify darker lipcolor with more texture. A nude, minty fresh lipgloss? I'm already there! Can't wait to try this one.

'All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray' to ensure your look stays put for 16 incredible hours. Doubt I'd ever get to try out the 16 hour theory, but it sounds like it could become a staple product in warmer weather.

'Marshmallow Sparkling Lickable Body Powder'-probably the item I'm least excited with and could have done without, although their shimmer powders are pretty (I just don't have the occasion to use them enough).

What's even better is Debenhams have a special points event until June 12th, where if you spend £25, you get a bonus 500 points (£5) on your beauty card (limited to once per customer per day). Plus there's always free delivery for beauty card customers online with code SHBC. Does this seem like the type of set that could tempt you? As a sidenote, you'll perhaps have noticed UD have pulled out of Boots (stores and online), they are apparently wanting to streamline their UK operations and are keen to be a 'proper counter'/department store type brand here. It's a pity because my nearest larger Boots did stock UD, yet the Debenhams doesn't, so it's back to purchasing online 'unseen' for me. I'll get proper product images and swatches up when my parcel arrives.

3 comments :

  1. I'm off for a bridal makeover at Bobbi Brown next week and I'm SO excited! Already had one at Illamasqua, but Bobbi Brown is the brand I'd most closely associate with those rosey, blush bridal colours.
    I got the UD Naked pallete recently so got a mini tube of PP, and it is the best product I've used in forever. I will definitely be buying this kit, so thanks so much for bringing it to my attention!

    xxx Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at that makes me wish someone I knew was getting married! I'll have to ask my cousin on Sunday if she has any plans in the fore-seeable future (hehe).I can't believe that UD are pulling out of Boots!! I swear that anytime you want to get something really decent and high end in the UK it's absolutely impossible because they never have it ANYWHERE when in the USA they seem to be able to just walk down the road and get their hands on it! Then you have to order online (risky business) and pay P&P! Right, rant over, I think I'm OK now... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. maddie-ooh fab, yeah BB should be quite good. Kit arrived today and you won't be disappointed-it's lovely.

    Vintage Glitter-I know, it's so frustrating. Although I didn't buy a lot of UD in Boots, I liked having it there to test. It's difficult having to rely on buying online.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.