Tuesday 5 April 2011

River Island Sale

The River Island sale started online and instore today. I was most keen to see if they were reducing the fox ring that I've been coveting for months (actually probably a year)! Although I have a very similar one from Miss Selfridge (same shape, different colour), the RI one is so much more sparkly in the flesh and I was really disappointed it didn't go into the sale at Christmas. My stalking has paid off though, because it's been reduced from £12.99 to £4 today! I also got this snake ring, £4 down from £12.99 and this long jointed ring (£14.99 now £4), although I'm hoping the size medium fits as that's all they had, but usually I find RI rings quite small : ( I managed to put back this birdy necklace (£12.99 now £4), it's really cute, but do I really need it? No! Remember the gold court shoes I ordered a while back that were too small and I returned them always meaning to order a bigger size? Well, I think I may have talked myself out of it. I still love the heel detail and quite like the shape, but I'm just not as in love with them as I originally was. Instead I ordered these lilac stud shoes! £69.99 down to £35 and only sizes 5 and 6 left online. I love the soft colour mixed with hard studs and thought the heel was much more manageable than say my Kandee Diamonds! My other sale picks would be these two bags. I saw this clutch instore recently and liked it, half price at £15-I managed to tell myself I didn't really need that either. Plus this gorgeous winter floral bag, just too big for me to use every day as I don't get out much or need much in my bag, it's also half price at £20. I'm sure there's lots of lovely clothes reduced too, but I didn't have time to fully browse. Any dresses I did like only seemed to be left in small sizes anyway. Not that I fit RI 18's, I had to send back 4 dresses last summer that didn't fit over my boobies, so I've kinda learned my lesson there! Will you be popping into your local or making any online purchases?

3 comments :

  1. I'be just been having a nosey at the sale and the only things that caught my eye were the fox ring and the floral bag above, i don't love them enough to part with my pennies though, probably for the best, i can hear my bank account weeping! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a look this morning when they announced it on twitter, but there was nothing from my "want" list in the sale so i closed the page - how good am i?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so tempted to get a few pieces, but I am going to wait for the summer sales!! :) Willpower!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.