Saturday 20 November 2010

Swatches: Boots Haul (Soap & Glory, Lancome, Revlon)

Here's a selection of swatches from my Boots haul (see that post for more details). The top row are all Soap & Glory (click to enlarge). Starting with the double ended Arch de Triumph pencil containing a pink white highlighter and taupe coloured brow shaper. Next is Marvelips, another pencil duo with an iridescent highlighter and dark rust lipliner. Trick & Treat is a yellow undereye concealer, there's a very faint golden sheen to this and maybe even sporadic shimmer. I tried to blend it a little at the top of the swatch to show how it would really look when applied. Finally I got two of the Sexy Mother Pucker lip plumpers in Pink Apricot (LE Christmas shade) and they are both completely different! You can see in one that it is much lighter, but the underside of the tube is darker apricot coloured like the other gloss. Perhaps it's just the way it's been sitting in the box (it's not like it has separated, it just needs mixed I think). I hope you can see it in the product images (it's not the light, it really is that different)-it's quite funny!
The lower swatches are all Lancome with the exception of Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in 150 Peach Petal which is MAC's Creme D'Nude lipstick in lipgloss form (that's the best way to describe it). A very pale milky peach nude. L'Absolu Rouge lipstick in 282 Beige Splendide didn't photograph well, in real life it's a pale nude with fine, sporadic gold shimmer. Color Fever Gloss in 200 Beige Paradise is a brown infused with multi coloured glitter. I made the little video below, mainly so you could see just how sparkly this is under light, it's amazing. Even given the lack of daylight today, it's easy to see this is a show stopper! Finally the two L'Absolu Creme De Brilliance in 258 Rose Boudoir, a rosy brown and 257 Rose Mythique a bright red pink, both with sporadic shimmer. 257 actually leaves behind a strong fuchsia stain (even after washing my hands several times). It was raining today, so there's actually raindrops on my hand in places-sorry! Oh and I forgot to photograph the Revlon lipstick I bought, but it will be swatched with the dark lipsticks, so look out for it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.