Tuesday 23 November 2010

Lanvin H&M-No Chance!

I didn't get up at 7am for Lanvin Loves H&M, seeing as Christmas is coming and I literally have no money whatsoever, I couldn't really ask anyone to lend it to me as I'm already due loads. I did want to see what was happening though, so at 9 I switched on the computer and got this message (above) a trillion times. I'd heard the stuff online was sold out, but I couldn't figure out how, as I was getting nowhere (not even getting on the site, never mind seeing the Lanvin stuff). My page refreshed itself just now though (after 10am) and right enough all the ladieswear was gone. You can buy one pair of trousers, a cap or bow tie, from the mens range and that's it. Who knows what I would've felt, had I been able to see something in stock and add to my basket- I think I would've been sorely tempted, especially if it was that grey tulle dress or the shoes. I wasn't holding out much hope though-this type of manic shopping experience occurs all too often these days and mainly leaves you feeling depressed and like you've missed out on something. How is it though that those scammer eBay types manage to secure so many items to resell at ridiculous Buy It Now prices when those that genuinely want a piece can't even get near? That sucks!

9 comments :

  1. I got on at 7:30pm and I just kept getting the same message!! But like you said I bet ebay is teeming with items at extortionate prices!!
    Oh well couldnt afford anything either but like you said I'd have been tempted if I could have got it into my basket ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's sucky! My Senso Wilma boots should be arriving today so that should cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, by the time i got past that message, the items i had on my want-list had all sold out, so my bank balance heaved a sigh of relief..
    i certainly won't be purchasing from ebay's ridiculous fashion-touts though! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on there at 6:58am. By 7:01am I was getting that message. At 7:22 I managed to get past it by going via the men's section, and when I got to the tulle dress (the only thing I wanted) it was all sold out except in a size 12. In the 20 seconds I deliberated whether I could squeeze into it, that was gone as well. I don't know what else I could have done...Oh well, couldn't really afford it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling that when you see these items appear at extortionate prices on e-bay, a nano-second after they are meant for the "public", that it's probably the employees of that company who are doing so. And I don't mean the cahsiers, coz they most likely don't even get a look in. I think it's management and beyond...and they probably get other folk to sell it for them so they can't be traced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like the whole thing was an impossible task...sorry nobody had any luck : (

    ReplyDelete
  7. Update! I was passing my local H&M (High St Kensington - never as busy as the West End) at about 7pm and thought I'd just look...and they still had some Lanvin! Not a lot, granted, 1 coat, a few of the floral dress, but several of the tulle dress in both colours. All but one were size 16; but they had a 14 in red which I tried on. It was too big (yay! that has made my day, lol) and I didn't love the red (the pink ribbon didn't seem to work) but it was a very 'wow' dress. I feel it was a bit TOO poofy though - perhaps that's why there were no smaller sizes left. The tulle on the chest as well made me look bigger all over. So in the end I'm quite relieved I wasn't successful this morning after all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got up at...6 am to get to the store. All I saw was a crowd of girls walking around with piles of stuff and trading with each other. But somehow I managed to buy what I was aiming for(thanks to salesgirl) - fur coat, which surprisingly looks amazing! like real mink! And a cute bag also!;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PFB-wow, how surprising that there would still be items left!! I bet it felt amazing, all those layers of tulle, even if it didn't really flatter...that's put my mind at rest though, that I would ridiculous in it!! Thanks for letting us know.

    Well done Diana at managing to snag a couple of things! The fur coat looked very chic!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.