Sunday 8 August 2010

Swatches: Jelly Pong Pong Lip Orchid & Shadow Taffy

I've neglected my 'summer reviews' lately, so it's my aim to swatch, test and review as many as I can this month! Two pretty items that featured in that original post were the Jelly Pong Pong Lip Orchids which I've swatched alongside the utterly kitsch Shadow Taffy.
I've owned these products for some time, but always been afraid to ruin their pretty packaging by testing them out! The lip glosses come in round plastic containers with an 'orchid' attached to the lid. The ribbon is the only part that you have to remove (for good), so I was happy to see the flower stayed put!
They are very smooth, light and soft glosses. Completely non-sticky, they feel like a tinted lip balm rather than a gloss-although they are relatively pigmented.
Petal Pink was very difficult to photograph. The camera seemed to pick up lighter tones than it looked in real life. It's a Barbie, blue pink shade with very fine shimmer which isn't noticeable once applied. The colour is quite sheer, but looks nice as a simple, beach FOTD with waterproof mascara and bronzer.
Bouquet was much more pigmented, a straight orange colour. Again it has shimmer in the tub, which isn't really noticeable in the swatch. I've yet to try this one on my lips, if I'm honest I'm a little unsure how to work with it. Orange and me don't get along very well!
You can buy these as a set (£12) or individually (£8 each). I haven't labelled each and every image (due to time restraints) but it's pretty obvious which is the pink and which is orange. I have sometimes muddled the shades around though (right and left), so don't always assume the pink is on the right etc.
Shadow Taffy; I didn't photograph with the summer stuff, but I thought now was as good a time as any to review it. The packaging is insane-I can't even tell you how many of these I have purchased for friends birthdays etc and they always love the little birdy! Unfortunately, it is a bit annoying to have to get the compact out of the outer packaging, if you wish to keep it in it's 'cage'.
Inside, the compact is split into 2 with a bronze and bright pink cream eyeshadow. The bronze is exceptionally pigmented-the swatch is fantastic. The pink comes across as quite sheer and more lilac than the bold pink it looks in the pan. I haven't had the chance to try these on my eyes, so I can't comment on whether they crease or how long they last. The texture feels lovely though.
Some comparisons and swatches. Just look at how pigmented that bronze shade is.

You can purchase Jelly Pong Pong direct from their website or from ASOS

3 comments :

  1. I have both Shadow Taffy and the pink Orchid lip gloss/cream.

    And I must say...LOVE the scent of the orchid gloss. It doesn't last too long on my lips though...and as for the shadow taffy.... how do you wear yours? Because I tried it alone, as well as over eye primers, and it never stays...it creases almost instantly.

    Maybe my lids are too oily?

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.