Thursday 6 May 2010

New Barry M Nail Paints

Barry M have done it again! Welcome Mushroom 310, the newest addition to the already fabulous line of nail colours. I've been eagerly awaiting the drugstore version of Chanel Particuliere and I knew Barry M would come up trumps (Chanel Jade vs Barry M Mint Green anyone?). I spotted it on the Barry M site but haven't been to Boots this week, so don't know if it's available in the shops yet. As you know I just ordered Topshop Nails in Big Smoke, so I'll be keen to see if I need Mushroom as well.
Last week I took advantage of the 2 for £5 offer in Boots on Barry M Nail Paints and bought Racing Green 299 which I've been meaning to buy for ages and the newer Blueberry Ice Cream 306. You know my nail polish collection is rather large, but actually I don't own a vast amount of Barry M, although I adore the few I do have. So I've taken pictures of them all and also compared some similar shades.
My Barry M collection also includes; Shocking Pink 272, my favourite ever bright pink-although it's a little camera shy I'm afraid! Grey 293, this is a dark industrial type grey, Vivid Purple 161, slight shimmer in this one like Racing Green and finally Mint Green 304 the shade to be seen in last summer.
Comparisons with 17 Lasting Fix in Mint Choc Chip, a bluey mint and Collection 2000 Hot Looks in 33 Button Moon a turquoise mint, whereas Barry M Mint Green is more green. I've also taken pics of Lasting Fix in Sherbet Lemon by 17 which I bought along with MCC the other week, but haven't got around to showing you yet (told you I was behind on blogging!). I wore it on my nails last week. They can be quite streaky until you apply the final coat, but you really need 2 or 3 coats. I'm wearing MCC on my toes this week and it looks really great on there and didn't come out so streaky.

2 comments :

  1. The only BarryM I do not have from your collection is the 161, strange really because purple is my favourite colour 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that purple one is one of my favourites. Shocking Pink is still my most used, it always perks me up.

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.