Thursday 18 March 2010

Swatches: Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick

This is my third attempt at photographing these lipsticks. The first time, I forgot the limited edition one was also a Moisture Drench then yesterday I included it and realised another one was sitting in my pocket the whole time and I hadn't included that! So the 3rd time lucky (it wasn't actually, these photos are the worst I took, go figure!) and I've just added the missing swatch onto the end of my hand and retaken the line-up. Click images to enlarge.
No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick all have slightly different finishes so I've included that with the colour descriptions, although most of mine seem to be quite sheer and buildable. My swatches are (thankfully) spot on, unlike the terrible ones on the website which seem to be competing with MAC for worst computer generated colours! Priced £9.50 each and available from Boots each lipstick is fragrance free, hypo-allergenic and contains SPF15, they come packaged in a chunky black tube (with slight shimmer).
Whisper: A Limited Edition shade from a few years back in chrome style packaging. A golden beige, very sparkly with frost and metallicy finish. Whisper is also available in a High Shine Lipgloss (from the permanent line).
10 Bare: No shimmer a heavier neutral brown.
15 Golden Rose: A golden copper shade with metallic finish.
25 Highland Mist: A purpley shade with silver sheen, very like the type of colour Rimmel do. Slight metallic finish.
60 Chic: Brick reddish shade, no shimmer and very sheer and buildable.
90 Waterlily: Hot flamingo pink with gold shimmer/frost. Quite a thick cream consistency.
50 Cameo: Light lilac pink with slight metallic finish.
30 Plum Beautiful: A darker brick red brown with no noticeable shimmer.
75 Sugar Plum: Dark plum, no shimmer, more sheer and buildable.

1 comment :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.