Thursday 4 September 2008

Cult of Cherry Haul

Cult of Cherry and Overrich from MAC have both launched today. I'm usually very organised with a list of what I'd like from each collection, but this time I just decided as I went along.

Overrich is a range of pigments, so I passed on these. Karlasugar rates them very highly though and apparently their quality in comparison to the usual pigments is excellent.

From CoC, I quite liked the Shadowy Lady eyeshadow quad, but I'm cutting down on buying eyeshadow as I just don't use them enough. I did order some lipsticks, Creme Cerise (sheer yellow taupe), Lightly Ripe (sheer mid-tone pink), both Lustre which I try to avoid for lack of colour, but the swatches seem to show them as quite pigmented. I also got the unusual O (intense purplish red with metallic golden shimmer), a frost lipstick. I tend to buy just nudes from MAC, so I'll see how I get on with these. The darker Mattene lipsticks I decided against. They look great for autumn, but I already own quite a few dark lipsticks and when you don't use them everyday it isn't worth buying more.

I also had to pick up the luscious looking Jampacked lipglass (sheer grape wth multi dimensional pearl) which really does look like homemade jam. Cherry Blossom (sheer light pink with multi dimensional pearl) is gorgeous but only for those who don't already own Fafi Sugar Trance. They are almost identical, so unless you need a backup, I wouldn't buy expecting a huge difference. I also got Liqueur (neutral brownish mauve with multi dimensional pearl), which I'm hoping comes out more mauve than brown.

There's also gorgeous nail polishes in super cute shades which did tempt me and two blushes too. This is my first order since Cool Heat, so I picked up Talent Pool and Smoke & Diamonds eyeshadows too from Starflash. Remember I was to-ing and fro-ing over which to buy when they came out? Talent Pool was definitely my fave and I'd forgotten to tell you about SD, which I think may be undupe-able kind of like Mothbrown. The others I decided I could dupe. I also qualified for free shipping, as I was spending over £50 (no code needed). I'm not sure how long this offer will last.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.